Hey Mamas and Dadas! Happy almost Father’s Day to all those awesome Daddy’s out there! One of our favorite things to do is to create gifts for the holidays! This year for Father’s Day we are giving our Daddy and Papas a canvas made by the kiddos. Check out the supplies you need and easy steps to this process!
Supplies: Painter’s tape, canvases, paint, paper plate, and sponges.
How to do it:
- Prep the canvas with the masking tape. We did a simple “Dad” and “Papa.” A friend of ours was very creative and made a space rocket!
- Put a variety of paint colors in the paper plate.
- Show your child a sample online of a painting project made with painter’s tape. Model for them how to use the sponge to blot the paint on. Try to avoid smearing as this mixes colors, but also let your child have fun!
- Allow the canvas to dry some, but not completely.
- Carefully remove the painter’s tape from the canvas.
- After the canvas is completely dry, wrap it up!
What are your plans for Father’s Day this year, Mama? Do you and your kids ever make home made crafts as a gift?