Happy New Year, Mamas! It’s been a looooong while since I’ve written a post. Between the 18 month sleep regression + teething + Christmas pageant + children waking at 5 am…my family is beginning to see the light at the end of an intense tunnel. Every now and then we go through an patch where everyone and everything seems so…extraordinary. Thankfully my Babes had off for seven days for the Christmas holiday and we’ve enjoyed some much needed down time at home. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and feel as refreshed as I do!
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. So much, that I’ll eat it anytime, not just first thing in the morning. I have fond memories of calling my Grandma Julie and inviting I and my sisters over for her famous breakfasts, along with my dad making me omelettes late at night in high school.
This will be the first in a series titled, “Breakfast, Brunch, and Brinner.” I’ll be sharing you some of my current treasures!
Over light Eggs and Sautéed Veggies With Goat Cheese
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 a large yellow or purple onion
- 4-6 eggs depending on how many each person wants
- Garlic salt
- Goat cheese
- Put a pan on medium heat and lightly oil the pan.
- Dice veggies and place in pan. Sauté them until they are cooked to your preference. I personally like them a bit charred. Add a dash of garlic salt.
- In a separate pan, heat it up and cook your eggs until over light.
- Serve onto a plate the eggs, goat cheese, and veggies on top. Putting the goat cheese in between the layers allows it to melt a bit.
- Eat and enjoy!
This recipe is easy and the combination of the simple ingredients have made it a repeat in our home. What do you like to eat for breakfast, Mama?